Switching universities

Students can switch from HfBK to another university as long as they can obtain admission to the new university. The student must apply in good time to be enrolled at the new university. Once enrolment has been approved by another university, the student must deregister from HfBK Dresden.

Students who apply to study at our Academy or to join HfBK Dresden from another university may need to request recognition of their previous studies. A member of the teaching staff or examination committee for the course the student intends to pursue will decide how previous study achievements are to be recognised or credited.

Further details will be found in our Enrolment Rules.

Forms and information for students switching university

Contact at the Student Affairs office